Monday, February 1, 2016

THE FOOD I COULD CARRY HOME

Let’s all take a moment to celebrate the fact that a new month has begun. I always get way too excited about it.
It happens to be a Monday, which means it’s time to get back outside.
Usually that’s the day Felix and I go grocery shopping, but our car broke down so we weren’t too sure what to do: instead, we decided to walk to a local shop and get some food from there, the only challenge being that we would’t be able to carry much with us, so we planned to simply pick up stuff that were extremely necessary for the time being.
By doing that, I was kind of forced to select a very small amount of items, but at the same time it made me realise which kind of food I prioritise, and that was somewhat interesting to me.
So these, apparently, are my “essentials” – the stuff I really must have on my kitchen.

DRINKS:
  • Water, an obvious choice;
  • Smoothies, perfect for breakfast;
  • Milk, which I shouldn’t drink but can’t help it;
  • Tea, Arizona Green Tea to be precise (my favorite drink in the whole world).
SNACKS:
  • Potato chips, these baked ones are extremely good;
  • Nutella, of course. How could I ever forget about it?
  • Chia pot, because everybody needs a break from junk foods every once in a while.
FRUIT & VEGGIES:
  • Potatoes, I LOVE POTATOES.
  • Mushrooms, I enjoy adding them in most recipes;
  • Peppers, I highly dislike greens, but all other shades taste delicious;
  • Courgettes, they complement peppers so well… or anything really.
  • Lemon, makes water look fancy (and I actually like the taste of);
  • Bananas, gotta get them vitamins.
I wish I had found some avocados as well, because those are simply the best thing you could ask for, but no luck.

OTHERS:
  • Porridge, which I have been obsessed with since I moved to England;
  • Honey, great on anything. Even my face (seriously, one of the best face masks);
  • Pasta, I probably cook it once every other day;
  • Eggs, I go through them way too fast because of how often I bake;
  • Olive oil, the one thing out of this list I could really not stay without. My kitchen feels empty without it.
I think I covered everything! This was all I managed to carry, but I’m pretty happy with my choices. I also want to point out that unlike many people believe, I’m not a vegetarian, I simply enjoy other foods more than I enjoy meat, which I do eat occasionally.
If you had to pick just 3 items, what would they be? I’m curious to know!

Thanks for reading, Marzia.



No comments:

Post a Comment