Tuesday, February 2, 2016

GIRLS DAY OUT

Today I got to spend the day with my friend Emma.
YAY!

MY OUTFIT // Shoes: ASOS – Bag: SKINNYDIP
We enjoy meeting up at least once a week, and this time we decided to have lunch together at one of our favorite places, Chopstix (if you live in Brighton, make sure you try their food, it’s just so so good). Fun fact: you need to request chopsticks to eat with when ordering; isn’t that kind of strange considering the name?
Right after eating we went shopping at the mall, which carries most brands, as well as Home Sense, that happens to be placed right in front of it. How convenient!
We started off with Urban Outfitters, I enjoy browsing through its Renewal section, but ended up getting a marble accessory holder shaped as a hand (I have an obsession with hands, yes, I know) instead and a bath product that intrigued me: it reads “green tea” in big letters… should I say more?
After, we moved to Pull&Bear, which produces its clothing in Portugal, and so I was able to pick up a few gifts for Felix but unfortunately can’t show not to ruin the surprise; just let me tell you: if you check out the male section, there is a Cartoon Collection that is just stunning! Very old school, really cool.
I also picked up a few movies, some of which I haven’t seen but some others I truly love, like “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” – such an amazing movie. I’m planning to watch a bunch of horrors soon, I can only recommend “The Visit” out the ones I got, but I will let you know about the others. Or actually, if you won’t hear about them, it probably means they weren’t anything special.
Anyway, when I got home I had two packages waiting for me: one from Grace Helbig, she sent me her book; the other one from an art store.
Let me just say that I was impressed with Grace’s book, I didn’t get her first one but I would love to, now that I checked this one out. It’s always nice when content creators come up with something new. Go team internet! haha
So back to the art shop, it’s called Studio Arhoj. I was familiar with the brand because my friends PJ and Sophie gifted me and Felix a couple of their “ghosts”, so we decided to stop by their website and order a few things: we were so pleased by how gorgeous and unique each one of their pieces are, so we got ourselves four cups of different colours. Very happy with that purchase!
Finally, as I mentioned, Emma and I went to Home Sense, which is one of my favorite places to shop when it comes to home decor. To be fair, the main reason why I was out shopping is because Felix asked me to replace real flowers with some fake ones, since we will be travelling a lot soon and we would’t want to keep dead flowers in the house; and, the most important thing, I was scouting for new bed sheets.
Felix and I have a very specific taste when it comes to house stuff, so picking anything sometimes can be a challenge, but when I saw these sheets, I could have cried of happiness. They are super soft, the softest I ever came across, they come on the right size for our bed, and they absolutely match our style.
I honestly can’t wait for Felix to come home and see them. Yes, we do get excited about these kind of things.
And that’s all! I figured I could write this post as I get asked quite often where I get my decor pieces, so hopefully this answers some of your questions and shows you what kind of style I usually go for.
Hope you are having a great day, Marzia.





No comments:

Post a Comment