Tuesday, March 29, 2016

THE PLACE I CREATED.

… In my imagination.
It’s 6.40am and I’m opening up my laptop; sleep can wait, I just had a dream I have to share with you. I need to write it down now before I forget, I even woke up Felix just to tell him about it, as I needed to know if this happens to him as well or not: I build places in my head, that in my dreams, I’m able to go to.
I had a vivid dream just now, and this time I visited an Inn. But this is not just like any other: it’s located in a town that reminds me or Rye, but the way to get there is pretty peculiar.
Basically, to me, in my dreams, this is the Inn Felix and I like to go to any time we feel like taking a break from the city and relax. And so when today, while dreaming, I couldn’t seem to find Felix, I decided to go see if he was staying at the inn on it’s own.
When you arrive to the old town, the road is very confusing: you can’t find the right pathway unless you visit a semi-hidden china shop. When you get there, a lovely old lady greets you; she is usually napping on her chair, on the left corner of her little cottage/shop. In my dream, today, as soon as she awakes I cheerfully say hi and hand her over a map, saying “Here, as promised, a map of Japan” – she quickly grabs it full of excitement and opens it up. I continue “We just got back from our trip”. She looks at me, saying “Oh, I know that. Thank you for this, you know I can’t travel, but at least I can see places this way”.
She points at the back door, inviting me to exit, politely.
I do, and see the pathway opening in front of me.
I follow it. Nature prevails. Until The Inn, with it’s darkened salmon-pink and red brick walls contrast the scenery. By the time I arrive, the sky has darkened, night is approaching.
I enter and see the usual tall, blonde guy at the reception. He wonders if I’m here to join Felix, hinting that he is already staying here. I nod, and he hands me over key n.4, which opens the door to our usual room.
Interestingly enough, the place only has two rooms, n.3 – Tower View (which doesn’t look out at a tower but is rather shaped as one); and n.4 – Sunset View.
I thank the man and turn around, ready to walk the steep stairs up to the room.
Before I manage to get outside, I hear him saying “I know you have been working on a few products, lately”. I look at him with a smile. He goes on “Do I get to try out some of them? I would love some lipsticks.” – “Sure”, I say, meaning it.
I’m now in front on the door. I open it, and Felix is there.

The dream ends here, but I just love how I’m able to visit places I created in my dreams, over and over again. I remember dreaming about the same place before, but that time I was going there for New Years Eve to celebrate.
Do you have any special places you dream about more than once, and always go back to?


Sweet Dreams, Marzia.

No comments:

Post a Comment