Sunday, March 6, 2016

POTTERY PAINTING.

As every Saturday, it was time for Felix and I to go on a date!
MY OUTFIT // Beret: ASOS – Glasses: RAY-BAN – Top: ASOS

I was googling places in Brighton I haven’t yet been to, and the Painting Pottery Café showed up.
Having an interest in anything crafty, this seemed like a super exciting thing to do, and so I dragged Felix to go with me.

The place is in the North Lanes, where all the cool independent shops are situated. I have walked by this café plenty of times, but never actually saw what it was all about, so yesterday, when we walked in for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised.
It’s a small area crowded by big tables, shelves full of pottery to pick from, and people of all ages focused on their artworks.
Felix and I decided to make one together: I spotted this strange monster creature, and that’s what we went for.
Initially, it wasn’t our intention to go as dark as we did, but I actually think it turned out really well! I did the entire body while Felix took care of the detailing.

Have you ever been to one of the places before? I was so surprised to find out that these kind of cafes are a thing, I never really heard of them before stumbling across this one. But I’m so glad I did, I would love to go back there to paint some more, and they even teach you how to make your own pottery if interested – I find that so cool!
It was a very lovely experience, definitely recommend you trying it out if you get the chance.

Don’t stare into his eyes  for too long, Marzia.



No comments:

Post a Comment