Thursday, April 21, 2016

TOY MUSEUM.

Discovering another hidden treasure, in Brighton.

Another goal I for set myself in April, is to explore somewhere new, something I haven’t seen before. And so I asked Google about it, and the answer was clear: I needed to check out this tiny Toy Museum!
It’s located under the bridge of Brighton Station – an area I’m not too familiar with if not only because I bought my bike in the shop right in front of the museum. It’s a cool place, which eventually connects to the North Lanes.
When you enter the shop, you immediately see a reproduction of the majestic Royal Pavilion, the most stunning building in the city. The tickets to advance to the museum section are a little pricey – £6.50 – considering that it isn’t a big space, but that didn’t stop me!
Right when you walk up the stairs, to the museum level, you can admire some old toys, with a label stating their names and year of production. That fascinates me, and so I stayed in front of this display window for some time. Not going to lie, I wish I could have brought home a few of these, they are just too cute (okay, maybe even a bit creepy).
The coolest thing was to see the little train working, going through galleries, up the hills. It was the first time I’ve ever seen an RC train moving, I believe, and it was exciting. Not to mention that the miniatures totally reminded me of the tv series Wayward Pines, or how Felix used to call it mistakenly, Pine Wood Creek – haha!
Have you seen the show? If not, check it out! It’s very short, but I liked it.
The museum was overall very tiny, and most of the toys were only working on “special days” (as a piece of paper informed us after buying the tickets) so we didn’t see much action, but I’m still really glad I went there because I love seeing old stuff, and I had a great time with my friend Emma.
After the visit, I was left with the need to find something really old to add to my creepy collection: I decided to stop by Snoopers Paradise, and that’s where I found this lovely doll head!
What do you think about old toys? Do you find them interesting or do they just creep you out?

Marzia.






No comments:

Post a Comment