Tuesday, April 5, 2016

ACCESSORIES.

Time to sort them out!
MY OUTFIT // Dress: Olive Clothing (similar)
Once every few months you will be looking for one of your rings, a bracelet… any kind of accessory, and realise that the way you are storing them is not ideal. Not because you didn’t try, but because, eventually, these beautiful things decide to tangle all together into a giant mess.

That’s okay. It happens to everybody. But today I felt the need to organise mine a bit better.
Let’s start out with necklaces – the worst of all. They are usually delicate, which means that if they tie all together and you want to pull one out, you must be extremely careful.
I tackled this problem by sorting mine out in 3 different groups, so there is absolutely no way that they will get lost or break. I took the rigid ones and hang them on my vanity mirror, on the side. This way they embellish it, and are easy to reach without taking up storage anywhere.
Then I took out of the group the very thin/dainty ones, that I knew I had to be particularly careful with: I put them all in a pretty box, laid out nicely. That way, as long as I don’t move it around too much, they will stay as I left them

And at this point I was only left with thicker chains, that wouldn’t normally tangle that easily. You will see how I stored those later, together with the rest of the accessories I’m going to show you.

Now it’s time for bracelets. They are smaller, easier to store. I put the thinner ones, stackable ones and more intricate ones into 3 different pouches; just so I can find them quickly when in need.
Then there is rings. You can’t really go too wrong with them, luckily!
I just keep them all together, not really on this hand (I used it to display some for you), but do place some there when I remove them overnight if I know I will be wearing them again the day after.
Next in the list: earrings. I don’t own too many of these, actually. I used to lovewearing them, but for some reasons I haven’t been wearing them often at all in the past few years.
I used to have lot of piercings all over my ears, but now if I do wear some earrings, I stick with regular ones. I wonder why!
Anyway, I find that the best way to store them is to keep the paper/plastic cut-out they came in. Sometimes I forget, but I try to save them if they do come with one.
And finally there is pins! My collection is slowly growing, it makes me so happy. I keep them all together in a pouch, just so I know exactly where to find them.

And so this is how I store everything together, except for some necklaces I showed earlier and some of the jewellery I never take off (which didn’t appear in this post – sorry about that).
As you can see I keep all the different items in a glass box with different compartments: the bigger one is for the necklaces that won’t tangle easily; the one on the right is for bracelets; the one in the middle for rings; and the one on the left is for earrings.
So this is all I have, and I like to see it all organised for once! You probably noticed that I prefer golden over silver; what do you usually go for? Do you have any tips for storing accessories?
Of course, if you spot something you like between my little collection, feel free to ask me about it and I will do my best to let you know where I got it from!

Have fun organising, Marzia.







1 comment:

  1. Outsourced partner allocates resources and prepares regular reports in accordance to keep the company informed about the expenditures made for the changes other than the fixed budget. accountants in South Yorkshire

    ReplyDelete