Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A WEEK IN ASOS.

I haven’t done a lookbook here yet, so let’s fix that!

I would say that, at this time, I have 3 favourite online shops: ASOSOLIVE CLOTHING and DAHLIA.
Right now I’m focusing on ASOS only, although there are a few items that are from other brands, and I will specify which ones. The items in each outfit were collected over time, but I will try my best to link you to everything.
SPANISH LOVE // Look 1
I saw this dress a few weeks ago on the website, so it’s fairly new, and I instantly fell in love with not only the silhouette – with a fitted top and loose peplums at the bottom – but also with the amazing print. I feel like I haven’t worn these shades often in the past, but after trying this dress on today, I realised this colour scheme actually compliments my skin tone and hair pretty well! I also saw this lovely bag, which I immediately thought would go well with the dress and complete the look, adding a bohemian touch to it.
SPRING IN SICILY // Look 2
When I saw this pretty blouse, my mind instantly connected it to Italy – Sicily, to be precise. Not sure why, maybe because of the lemons? But anyway, I love the detailing on it,  and when I came across these pants, I knew I wanted to pair them together. I don’t know if you remember, but in my very first fashion line, back in Spring last year, I designed a pair of pants very similar to the ones I’m wearing here… and now it see them in all the shops. Not going to lie, it does make me feel good knowing that I included something so similar in my designs before it was even trendy. Still, they might  look strange, but they are fun, and it’s always nice to wear something a bit different. I completed the outfit by wearing shades and a pair of sandals.

COSY IN BED // Look 3
I realised only after having Felix taking these pictures, that you couldn’t really see this outfit, but I’m wearing a lovely pyjamas, which reminds me of something Wildfox would sell. It’s very comfy, and now that the weather is warming up, I can put away my thicker pyjamas and instead bring out the lighter ones! I’m wearing my prescription glasses, and if you are curios about the bedding, I found everything at HomeSense (I blogged about it).
MIDSUMMER FAIRY // Look 4
This dress is the puffiest thing I own, I believe. It’s incredibly pretty, and I love how heavy the bottom is, contrasting the minimal top part. It has a lovely bow in the back, which adds an even more romantic feel to it, and I can totally see myself wearing this during summer events. I thought a flower crown would really complement the dress well, giving in an ethereal look.
 

BY THE SEA // Look 5
This is the kind of dress that I would just throw on in the morning and look like I put lots of time into getting ready. It’s a simple cut, with exposed shoulders and a lace hem. I like how versatile and easy it can be: right now it looks very sweet, but it could look boho if paired with boots and a belt. I will definitely get lots of use out of this, pretty soon!
DELICATE BUSINESS // Look 6
With this outfit on, I feel like a bombshell (which we all know, isn’t usually my thing) as it embraces and shows off the curves I have and shows bits of skin in such a clever way. The blouse is minimal, but with the cold shoulders cut and thin fabric, it turns out to be somewhat sexy. The wrap skirt hugs my figure without showing too much: in fact, the length is longer than what I would usually got for, but the ruffles and the slit on the side add an edge to it.
HAPPY IN THE SUN // Look 7
And here you see me, wearing my last outfit for this post – probably my favourite – while having a laugh at the mess I’ve made! The whole reason why I felt inspired to make this lookbook is because of the lovely weather we have been having, so if you are experiencing it too, you could find some pieces and ideas for your own looks. I wore this pretty sun dress with the Daisy shoes I’ve designed a few years ago, as well as a little flower purse and a floppy hat.
If you enjoyed this post, maybe I could pick other brands to focus on and create another “WEEK IN…” later on.
But for now, I better go fold all those clothes!
Marzia.




No comments:

Post a Comment