Wednesday, April 13, 2016

ART BY MELIX.

Let me tell you about this artsy project I have in mind…
About a month ago I started painting on canvas. Quickly after, I asked Felix if he wanted to paint with me as it could be a fun thing to do together; and so we did. We made 3 different paintings in the last month, and we enjoy making them very much: they are nothing incredible, but they are the result of two people with different art senses, coming together to create something unique. 
We wouldn’t need to have all these canvas in the house as most of our walls are already adorned, but I thought it could be cool to sell them and donate the money to charity.
I’m thinking Felix and I could create an account on Depop together – Art By Melix – where we could sell about 3 each month, and make it so that all the money is directly donated with every purchase. They wouldn’t be priced very high, so people could easily afford them, but anything we can donate to charity always makes a difference.
What do you think about this idea? I think it could work for a few reasons: Felix and I would get to be creative and have fun, while people could get a signed piece to hang in their room as well as helping others.
Here is painting number 1:
We layered multiple colours together by splashing them on the canvas, mixed with water. It’s messy and vibrant.

Here is painting number 2:
I took care of the background shading while Felix made the design on top. Here you can really tell how different our aesthetic is, but it can still look interesting when combined.

Here is painting number 3:
In this one I absolutely love the background, which reminds me of a beautiful sky. We wanted to keep the focus on that so we simply stamped our hands, slightly off-centered.

This is all we have for now, as painting requires some time and we have pretty busy schedules. But I want to get some feedback from you!
I don’t know yet when we will put these for sale, probably in May so that will give us a bit of time to work on new ones and figure out all the details. I also don’t know for how long and how regularly we can make these for, but we are definitely going to try our best!
SO. What do you think?
Also, I would love for you to help us name each painting! If some of these images spoke to you, let me know what they made you feel and how you would title them.
Marzia.





No comments:

Post a Comment