Monday, April 11, 2016

COCONUT COOKIES.

The most delicious cookies I’ve ever eaten!

Seriously, I’ve never wished so much to have a button on my laptop to share a cookie with you. These don’t look incredibly pretty, they seems like regular cookies… BUT THEY ARE AMAZING.
Today I found lots of dried coconut in one of the kitchen cupboards, so I wanted to use it up.
I googled some recipes, and I came across this one. Mine it’s slightly different, and turned out absolutely great, but if you want to stick to the original one, I’m sure that will be just as good!
These are the ingredients you need. Now let’s get into the tutorial!
  1. Take a medium-sized bowl and pour the flour, a pinch of salt and baking soda all together.  Blend and move aside.
  2. On a different bowl, place the softened butter and add in the icing sugar. Use a mixer to combine the two until slightly fluffy.
  3. To that bowl, add an egg and mix everything together with a spoon.
  4. Now you can add in the flour mix to the sugar mix.
  5. Once you form a paste, add in half a teaspoon of vanilla flavouring, and a cup of dried coconut.
  6. Divide the paste into tiny balls and place them on the baking tray (lined with oven paper), making sure you separate them enough as they will grow quite a lot while in the oven. Let them cook for about 8-10 minutes at 175*C. Don’t let them overcook: it might seem like they might need a little more, but as soon as the start to turn yellow-ish, get them out of the oven and let cool down for a few minutes.

You can now carefully remove them, sprinkle some coconut on top, and enjoy!
I really hope you will try this recipe as it was such a pleasant surprise, I’ve never baked anything more delicious. They are soft and chewy, and the taste is just incredible.
By the way, it took me about 30 minutes in total to make them and I was able to make 18 of them, but it really depends on how big/small you decide to make them.
If you do end up trying them, let me know if you liked them as much as I did!

Marzia.



No comments:

Post a Comment