Saturday, April 30, 2016

PRESTON PARK.

The sun came out. Time to go to the park!
The last time Felix and I went for a picnic we decided to take the bikes, so we weren’t able to bring the puggies with us, but today, the weather was wonderful (and still is) so we got some bagels and made our way to Preston Park, with Maya and Edgar!

The park is pretty big: the entrance is all the way to the right, in the middle there is the clock tower, and on the other side of the park, there is the Preston Manor.
I once before came here with my parents, looking for the villa, which is supposed to be extremely haunted, but somehow we missed this sign so we had no idea where to find it.
I have been wanting to visit it for a while now, but dogs aren’t allowed inside, so I had to skip it this time as well. But I’m not giving up, I’m hoping to come back and actually check it out next time. I will make sure to bring you with me!

Today we only decided to go for a picnic and ended up staying there for about an hour, until the sun got covered by the clouds so we felt like it was the right time to leave.

Being such a big area, the park has a lot of different fields to train, tennis courts, football grounds and cafes. We just went straight to the centre of the park, found a massive tree and laid our blanket there, so we could be repaired from the wind, just a bit.

Isn’t this tree so cool?
As you can tell from this photo, the weather kept changing: a minute is very sunny, the moment after is cloudy. Either way, we enjoyed our food very much (food always taste better when you eat it outside) and then it was time to play!
Maya absolutely loves being outside: she is 10 already, but she has so much energy!
After running around, we all relaxed for a bit.


And then it was time to go back!
We don’t live too close to this area of Brighton, and that’s why it felt special to go there. I’m looking forward to go back and visit it better, because it’s such a lovely and interesting place (let’s not forget about the haunted mansion).
MY OUTFIT // Sweatshirt: PULL&BEAR (similar) –  Bag: MULBERRY
But now I’m home, getting ready to bake cookies and make the house nice for PJ and Sophie, who are coming to dine with us and watch some horror movies.
Before I leave, I wanted to say thank you to all the people that entered yesterday’s giveaway. It’s now closed, and here is the winner:
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Marzia.


1 comment: