Saturday, April 9, 2016

TODAY'S MAKEUP.

Featuring the Sailor Moon eyeliner!
I got it while I was in Japan, and I couldn’t wait any longer to try it out.
In this post I’m going to go over the makeup I applied this morning, quickly, because I’ve been complimented a lot about the looks I’ve been wearing lately, especially when it comes to the saturated warm tones I apply on my eyes.
It’s not a professional tutorial with super amazing quality shots… I just felt like talking about some of the products I’ve been using  a lot in a more laid back way.
Here are all the products!
BASE
  1. I started off with a primer, as usual. My skin has been peeling a bit, very tight and dry on the cheeks/mouth area but oily on the T-zone. I have no idea what primer could help with that, but I did select my Clinique one simply because it feels velvety on the skin and it helps with concealing redness, which I have quite a lot of in this period. It is not ideal if you have dry patches of skin, like I do, but unfortunately most of my primers are almost finished, so this had to do for today.
  2. During the day time I don’t normally like to use a foundation, but rather a BB cream. My absolute favourite has always been the one from Holika Holika. It is very hydrating, which is something I definitely need right now; feels very light on the skin; and has pretty amazing coverage for being a BB cream.
  3. To conceal any redness still showing through the primer and BB cream, I used a primer from Tarte. I love this brand, it’s definitely one of my favourites, and although I heard from my friend Emma amazing things about this concealer, and it does a good job at covering, I find it to be too thick for me, and I also think that there is too little product in the tube. When I bought mine, I thought I got a defective one, because it does look a bit different from what Emma has in terms of consistency, but I’m honestly not sure. Either way, I will use it all up anyway.

POWDERS
I definitely prefer using powder products while doing my contouring, because I do have oily skin and adding creams might just cause my makeup to melt away during the day. Not sure this would actually happen, because I never really tried, but still. Powders are a safer bet for me.
  1. I start by powdering my T-zone to avoid becoming too shiny. I’ve been using the Rimmel one for ages, it’s the best one for me.
  2. I then add in some warmth and definition by applying a bronzer. I know people say you should use a cool shade, but with my olive skin tone, a bronzer works just fine to give some definition to my face. I apply it on the sides of my forehead, cheeks, jawline and on the nose (but not really contouring it). The one I’m using lately is gorgeous, from Rosie for Autograph.
  3. For my cheeks, I used a new product I was sent in the monthly Wantable box. It’s from the brand Doucce, and although the pigmentation is nice, it’s a bit too bright of a pink for my taste. But still, I wanted to give it a try and I now know to go light on this.

EYES
  1. I started by framing my eyes. I selected a thin eyebrow pencil from Tarte, which has been my go-to lately, to fill in any gaps. I like this product because it’s very fine so you never risk to apply too much of it.
  2. As a base for the eyes I went with the orange shade from the Velvet59 palette. I fell in love with a few colours in here that I always go back to. The colours are super intense and look absolutely stunning. So I used the orange one all over the lid, all the way into the corners of my eyes.
  3. I then took a smaller brush and selected the red shade. I applied it lightly under my eyes, which is why if you look closely you will notice a bit of pink around them.
  4. I softened both the shades by applying a bit of yellow pigment (from FaceBase) all over, focusing mostly on the inner corners of the eyes.
  5. I then went it with the Sailor Moon eyeliner. The precision is incredible. If you are looking to get a perfect sharp line, this product is for you. I would not recommend it for beginners, as it took me some time to get used to and match both eyes (the product is extremely pigmented and goes on very smooth, so if you make even the slightest mistake, you will see it clearly). I have been using gel eyeliners for almost a year now, brown instead of black, so going back to black liquid eyeliners today was a bit challenging, but I have to say, I like the look of it. Very intense!
  6. Finally, I curled my eyelashes and applied a few coats of mascara from the brand Sara Hill. I like this one a lot because it just adds darkness to the lashes, keeping them nicely separated between each other. I realised I prefer minimal eyelashes, rather than all clumpy and thick ones – if I do want a more dramatic effect, I will just add in falsies to the look instead. And this mascara has been great for that. Also, the applicator is bended and slim, so it makes it easier to get up there at the base of the lashes without getting the product everywhere.

And that’s it! I only added some lip butter, because I wanted to keep them natural and moisturised.
The skin around my mouth has been extremely dry lately. Any suggestions on what I could do?


I feel in the mood for some Sailor Moon, now! Marzia.



No comments:

Post a Comment